Craven College is an aspirational College set in friendly and inclusive rural campuses in Skipton within the beautiful Yorkshire Dales, at The Aviation Academy based airside at Leeds Bradford Airport and at Evolve in the heart of Ripon. We are a Good College (Ofsted 2018) and offer full-time courses for 16-18 year olds, outstanding apprenticeships, courses for young people with special educational needs, part-time courses and degree level courses with a mission statement of ‘enriching lives through learning’. Tyro Training is our commercial training division which offers a wide range of training courses for both individuals and businesses in Skipton.
We continuously invest in our excellent, industry standard facilities with a new £1.6m purpose-built Animal Management Centre on our Aireville Campus to be followed in 2022 by the construction of new equestrian facilities including an international sized arena and outdoor warm up area.
We are currently seeking to employ a committed and motivated Quality and Professional Development Manager, to work with the Director of Quality in support of the overall strategic and operational plans to drive continuous quality improvement across the College. This role will take responsibility for the development and implementation of effective strategies which maximise outcomes for students. There will be a particular focus on the expansion of the College’s teaching, learning and assessment skills base, through impactful professional development activity.
- Degree or Level 5 qualification or equivalent professional qualification in a relevant subject area
- Teaching qualification to Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training/PGCE/Cert Ed (or working towards)
- Sound knowledge and experience of Quality Assurance and self-assessment or self-regulation within FE and HE
- Excellent knowledge and experience of outstanding pedagogical approaches to teaching, learning and assessment
- Ability to produce quality and performance reports and analyse data effectively
- Proven successful and experience of high-quality teaching and assessing in the Further Education Sector A track record of contributing collaboratively as part of a high performing team Experience of liaising effectively with external bodies and agencies
- Qualified to Level 2 (GCSE Grade A*-C or equivalent) in English and maths (or willing to work towards completion within a specified time frame)
- Good administrative skills with the ability to maintain accurate and relevant records in line with quality procedures
- Excellent interpersonal skills and organisational skills
- Examines options to find solutions or seeks suggestions that are effective in addressing the problem in hand
- Continued professional development which reflects a passion for current educational initiatives
- Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative to meet the needs of the College
- Ability to motivate staff and work effectively as a team member
- Demonstrates ability to work under pressure, prioritise and commit to challenging deadlines whilst maintaining the quality of output
- Willingness and ability to liaise effectively with external bodies and agencies
- Willing to undertake professional development linked to the needs of the Department and College
- Computer literate with the ability to adapt to new in-house IT systems quickly
- Leadership qualities and the ability to manage people effectively;
- Knowledge and understanding of the Education Inspection Framework and the Office for Students
- Ability to communicate effectively across levels within an organisation.
Interview date: Tuesday 19th July 2022
This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly college in North Yorkshire with fantastic facilities, excellent CPD opportunities and a great working and learning environment.
A disclosure check with the Disclosure & Barring Service will be undertaken for this post.
If you have not heard from us within 28 days of the closing date on this occasion you have not been shortlisted. However please feel free to apply for futures roles as appropriate.
Craven College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.