Charlton Wood Primary Academy (part of Endeavour Academy Trust) is a brand new two-form primary school located on the Charlton Hayes Estate. This September we will open to Reception and Year One pupils growing by a year group each year until we reach our full capacity of 420 pupils.
We are looking for a dedicated individual who is enthusiastic and passionate about teaching children to read fluently as well as developing them as rounded individuals though play at lunchtimes.
The role will involve:
- 1:1 reading with individual children as directed by the class teacher
- Maintaining children’s individual reading records
- Reporting on children’s progress in reading to the class teacher
- Participating in training relevant to the reading assistant role
- Creating and maintaining reading resources where appropriate
- Actively supporting pupils in the lunch hall and playground/play area by encouraging them to eat their lunch and teaching them to play cooperatively, introducing them to a range of playtime games and activities.
Full training will be provided for the successful candidate and there is potential for this role to grow in hours throughout the year.
We can offer the right candidates:
- a brand-new fully resourced building with beautiful grounds
- a supportive leadership team with a proven track record of whole school improvement
- a competitive salary with pension benefits
- access to an Employee Assistance Programme
Hours of work are 2 hours per day over the lunchtime period and afternoon (exact times to be agreed) term time only. If you would like to find out more information about the school or the role, please contact the Business Manger directly by telephoning the school office at Henbury Court Primary Academy. Further information about the school can also be found on our school website.
Please note that CVs will not be considered. All applications must be made on the Trust's application form.
Closing date: Friday 2nd August at 10:00am
Interviews: Candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis and the vacancy may close early if a suitable candidate is recruited prior to the closing date.
Charlton Wood Primary Academy is
part of the Endeavour Academy Trust, which is committed to safeguarding and
promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and
expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. You can find our
Child Protection Policy on the trust's website: http://www.endeavouracademytrust.org.uk
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity,
gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.