Our brand-new school opened in September 2019 to 90 Reception and Year 1 children - next year we will have 210 children on roll across Reception to Year 3. At Charlton Wood, we teach for mastery through explicit instruction because we believe that every child can be successful when given the right amount of time and high quality, impactful instruction. In order to support you to deliver our pedagogical approach, we offer a comprehensive professional development package for all members of staff.
We are looking for a dedicated individual who is enthusiastic and passionate about teaching children to read fluently as well as developing them as rounded individuals though play at lunchtimes. The role will involve:
- 1:1 reading with individual children as directed by the class teacher
- Maintaining children’s individual reading records
- Reporting on children’s progress in reading to the class teacher
- Participating in training relevant to the reading assistant role
- Creating and maintaining reading resources where appropriate
- Actively supporting pupils in the lunch hall and playground/play area by encouraging them to eat their lunch and teaching them to play cooperatively, introducing them to a range of playtime games and activities.
Full training will be provided for the successful candidate.
We can offer the right candidates:
- a brand-new fully resourced building with beautiful grounds
- a supportive leadership team with a proven track record of whole school improvement
- a competitive salary with pension benefits
- access to an Employee Assistance Programme
Hours of work are 5 hours per day over the morning, lunchtime period and afternoon (exact times to be agreed, likely to be 9.15am - 2.45pm or similar) term time only. This is a permanent contract. If you would like to find out more information about the school or the role, please contact the Business Manager directly by telephoning the school office. Further information about the school can also be found on our school website.
Please note that CVs will not be considered. All applications must be made on the Trust's application form.
Closing date: 24th May at 10:00am
Interviews: Candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis and the vacancy may close early if a suitable candidate is recruited prior to the closing date.
Charlton Wood Primary Academy is
part of the Endeavour Academy Trust, which is committed to safeguarding and
promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and
expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. You can find our
Child Protection Policy on the trust's website: http://www.endeavouracademytrust.org.uk
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity,
gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.