Job Title: Reading Assistant EYFS
Salary – BG4 £18,198 FTE, Actual Salary £6422 per annum
Hours - Monday – Friday, Mornings only, 3 hours per day
Contract - Fixed Term - Term time only plus inset days
Ends Friday 16th July 2021
Application Deadline: 9am on Thursday 1st October 2020
Interview Date: Thursday 8th October 2020
Start Date: Monday 2nd November 2020
We are in a position to appoint a Reading Assistant within our Early Years provision at Bridge Learning Campus in Bristol. The role is varied, and we are looking for adaptable, flexible and resourceful individual able to cope in a high-pressure environment and deal with constantly changing priorities.
Supporting children on a 1:1 or small group basis, under the direction of the class teacher, literacy coordinator or reading coordinator
To enthuse children and encourage them to be readers
Supporting assessment and evidencing learning, maintaining progress records
Maintaining a safe and positive environment for all learners
Creating opportunities for all learners to reach their potential, irrespective of ability
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• GCSE English at grade C or above or equivalent; or actively working towards the qualification.
• Experience working with children.
• Proven ability to work on their own initiative.
• High level of communication skill and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
• Drive and energy and a passion for reading.
• The ability to use relevant technology/equipment.
• A can-do attitude.
• Commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
• Good opportunities for personal and career development.
• Pension Scheme.
• Employee benefits such as childcare vouchers and retail discounts.
• Access to gym and free access to employee assistance programme.
Further information on the role and person specification can be found on the attached documents.
Fluency Duty: The ability to converse at ease with pupils, parents and other users of the service and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Bridge Learning Campus is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.