Required from as soon as possible, dependent of checks and training requirements, two Reading Assistants.
Key Stage 1 Role: Hours: 12.45 pm – 3.00 pm Monday – Friday
Key Stage 2 Role: Hours: 1.00pm – 3.15pm Monday – Friday
(specific timings have changed at present due to staggered start times due to Covid 19 – these will be revised slightly when the school can return to normal)
These positions are on a fixed term contract until 31st August 2021 and will be paid from bespoke DFE Catch-up funding grant.
11 Hours, 15 minutes per week, term time only plus Inset Days
Bristol Grade 5 £17,841 – £18,249 Pro rata
We are a large, exciting, multicultural and multi faith Church of England Primary Academy located in the heart of Bristol. We wish to appoint an enthusiastic, motivated and skilled Reading Assistant to join our enthusiastic and dynamic team and to help us on our journey of improvement.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a good level of literacy
- Have the ability to keep systematic records
- Have the drive and motivation to promote and support a culture of reading within school and help children succeed
- Be able to think and work independently but also be a committed team player
- Be able to inspire a love of reading with our children
- Have a good knowledge of safeguarding procedures
- Have flexibility to work across other DBAT sites, if required to do so
At Fishponds CE Academy, we can offer you:
- An exciting, diverse, multi-cultural and multi faith community;
- Fantastic, enthusiastic, well behaved and engaging children who are keen to learn;
- Brilliantly supportive staff and parents
- A commitment to your professional development;
- The opportunity to use your expertise to make positive change in our lovely school
For more information about our school, do visit our website.
Applications must be on our Academy application form via Eteach before 12pm on Friday, 13th November 2020
CVs will not be considered.
We very much look forward to your application.
Closing date: Noon Friday, 13th November 2020
Shortlisting: Monday, 16th November 2020
Interviews: Friday, 20th November 2020
We value diversity and welcome applications from all groups. Men and colleagues from minority ethnic groups are currently under-represented on our staff. We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for the successful applicants.
Fishponds CE Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for successful applicants.
We value diversity and welcome applications from all groups. Men and colleagues from minority ethnic groups are currently under-represented on our staff.