READING MENTORS - Temporary
£20 per hour, 10hrs per week
The Odyssey Educational Trust, Humberstone Infant and Junior Academies is seeking to appoint suitably experienced Reading Mentors to work flexibly over the school day supporting pupils reading.
The Reading Mentor will work 1:1 supporting children with reading. As such the successful candidate must:-
- Have experience of working with children and young people, preferably in a school setting.
- Be able to build warm and supportive relationships.
- Be able to set targets and maintain pupil progress records.
- Have an understanding of Phonics and the reading National Curriculum
The role will work flexibly over the school day, 3 hrs per day, 3 days a week with one hour planning time. The role will be worked in 10 week blocks and the position will be reviewed and renewed every 10 weeks on a needs basis.
In return we can offer you:-
- A commitment to CPD and leadership for all, through both the school and the trust network
- A strong team ethos and a commitment to staff wellbeing
- The chance to work in a unique learning environment, reflecting our commitment to creative learning
- The opportunity to be part of a dynamic and friendly team of staff
If you would like to be our newest member of our friendly team we would love to hear from you.
Applications should be made using the Trust application form. CV’s will not be accepted.
Closing date: Friday 30th October 2020 @ Midday
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.