Reception and Admin Assistant
Fixed Term Contract until 31st March 2022 (There is opportunity to move to permanent contract)
Required for immediate start
Salary on Scale ME4 point 3, £21,729 pro-rata based per annum inclusive of London Weighting Allowance on full time salary of Scale ME4 point 3-4, £21,729 - £22,122
35 hours per week Monday – Friday, term time only including one week in Easter holidays, one week in Summer holidays and all insets days
Liberty Primary School is looking for friendly, enthusiastic, hardworking, well-organised and committed full time Reception and Admin Assistant to work in the school front office under the direction of the Business Manager. Candidates must be willing to work as a key front staff in the day to day running of the front office. Play an active role in the smooth running of the office, its functions, and systems and promotes excellent customer service to all parents, teachers, pupils and related partners.
Liberty School is a Merton Local Authority maintained school in Mitcham. We cater for children from ages 3-11. This role will be an exciting opportunity in a school known for its diversity and family friendly environment. Liberty delivers exciting and challenging curriculum within a structured environment.
Essential requirements are:
• A good standard of education to at least GCSE Grade C level or equivalent in English and Mathematic
• Have recent relevant experience of working in a busy front line office environment.
• Have excellent telephone manner and warm attitude
• Must have a proficient experience on Microsoft Office
• Be hard working and adaptable to change.
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to form strong positive relationships
• Must have excellent administrative, organisational and time management skills
• Be highly motivated, enthusiastic and work well as part of a team.
• Have the ability to work on own initiative as well as being proactive and staying calm while working to deadlines
• Enjoy being challenged.
• A genuine desire to involve yourself fully in the life of our school and to work as part of our forward-thinking team of professionals.
• Be an excellent communicator and able to foster good relationships with children, parents and other visitors to school.
• Flexible approach to work
• Support, uphold and adhere to the agreed policies and practices of the School.
• Have high standards of personal and professional conduct.
• Support the inclusive ethos of the school.
Desirable qualifications / experience include:
• Have recent relevant experience working in a school environment
• A proficient experience on SIMS and Parentpay
A full job description, person specification and application form attached.
In return, we can offer you:
• A Good school with Outstanding Early Years provision (Ofsted 2018)
• A diverse and supportive multicultural school community
• Our school commitment to staff training and development.
• Governors and a Headteacher with a proven record of school improvement
• To be part of a friendly and hardworking team of staff and governors who are committed to working collaboratively on our exciting journey on moving the whole school to outstanding.
• A modern working environment with easy- accessibility to rail / tram, underground and buses.
• A school with excellent facilities and extensive ground
Please contact Ibironke Tinubu the School Business Manager or e mail the school for any other information required
Completed application forms to be returned online or by email and by post to the school.
Applications Close: Friday 16th April 2021 – (12 noon)
Shortlisting: Monday 19th April 2021
Interview: Thursday 22nd April 2021
We value the diversity of our staff and promote equality of opportunity across the school. Liberty Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The school is committed to the protection and safety of its pupils and therefore this post will be subject to an enhanced disclosure and barring service.