Salary: Grade C Scp 3 - 5 £18,887 - £19,650 pro rata
Hours: Monday to Friday – 8.00am-12.00pm (Total of 20 hours)
Contract type: Full-time, term time
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Purpose and Scope:
Under the direction of the school SLT the post holder will provide professional and effective administrative assistance to the leadership team and an efficient and courteous Reception Service. They will also be responsible for co-ordinating the First Aid and administration of pupil medication where necessary.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Processing telephone calls and ensuring appropriate action is taken.
• Operating standard office equipment, e.g. fax machine, franking machine and photocopier.
• Distribution of incoming mail.
• Organisation of external post.
• Administrative support for Site supervisor
• Ensuring that face to face enquiries from visitors, parents, staff and pupils are dealt with appropriately.
• First Aid.
• To undertake word processing of documentation (letters, reports, memos etc) including collation for documentation packs as required and making layout presentation decisions.
• To undertake routine cash handling duties, including receiving and recording payments, issuing receipts and preparing for banking.
• To input information onto the management information system and to extract information as instructed, which may require some manipulation.
• To respond to routine correspondence from standardised information e.g. acknowledgements and requests for routine information.
• To assist with the implementation of school administration policies such as the student absence monitoring system. This will involve making phone calls to Parents/Carers of absent pupils, checking registers have been completed correctly, signing pupils in and out for appointments, checking documents for errors, resolving queries and inputting of straightforward data on to the computer system.
• To carry out such other administrative tasks and duties as required by the line manager appropriate to the grading of the post.
• To raise orders for goods and services on the financial system (Access education finance) and liaise with central trust team regarding the processing of invoices
• To ensure all student medication is securely held in school and administered by appropriately trained staff in the correct way.
• Ensure all school staff have up to date and regular training regarding Asthma and Epi Pens
• To inform school staff of relevant medical information for new pupils or for existing pupils with new medical conditions, and to keep accurate records of this medical information
• To work as part of a team and support SLT in administrative tasks (for example school reports, Sims reports, co-ordinating and organising of emails).
• To support others at all times contributing to the overall work and ethos of the school
• To undertake personal development through training and other learning activities including performance management as required
• Provide advice and guidance to staff, pupils and others
• Comply with and assist with the development of policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
• Undertake the role of Keyworker for nominated students, as chosen by the Senior Leadership team, having regular contact with them and building successful relationships with them and their parents/carers
• Conduct lunch time supervision of the students, taking your own lunch before or after this time.
• This role requires a strict level of confidentiality which must be maintained at all times.
This role is required to work alongside all school staff to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people and follow school and Trust policies and the staff code of conduct at all times.
These duties and responsibilities should not be regarded as neither exclusive nor exhaustive as the post holder may be required to undertake other reasonably determined duties and responsibilities, commensurate with the grading of the post, without changing the general character of the post.
Lotus School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.