We are a lovely, popular, village school looking for a Reception Class Teacher and Phase Leader to join us after February half-term 2021 to cover maternity leave. This role is full-time and for the right candidate will include a TLR to lead and raise standards across our Reception and Year 1 phase. Depending on need next year, this role could lead to further opportunities within the school. This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic Early Years Leader to put their mark on our Reception area to develop and enhance our current provision.
Byfleet Primary School is a smaller than average Primary School with 240 pupils located in a village setting. We are a busy but friendly school, with an ethos throughout of Learning, Caring and Sharing. Our school is a happy place to learn and to work with a close-knit staff and we aim is to make the learning engaging with a level of challenge which encourages our pupils to develop resilience, independence and persistence. We have high expectations for everyone within our school community.
At Byfleet Primary School, we are looking for a positive, passionate and proactive Early Years Class Teacher and Leader to develop our Early Years provision and introduce our continuous provision into Year 1 by delivering high quality lessons, whilst nurturing and inspiring our students. As part of our energetic and welcoming team, you will enthuse and motivate students to strive for success while maintaining a healthy learning environment for all children within the school. This is your chance to create and lead an excellent early years provision, developing both our indoor and outside learning areas and leading a small team of dedicated practitioners.
WHY CHOOSE US
Byfleet Primary School offers:
- a well-resourced school with support to deliver creative and inspiring lessons
- children who have a love of learning with excellent behaviour
- a large playground and outdoor facilities
- a range of technology to support teaching and learning i.e. ipads, chromebooks and Google classroom
- a commitment to staff well-being
- a committed, hardworking and supportive team with Learning Assistants in class every morning.
- excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop through mentorship and coaching
- onsite parking
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- a detailed knowledge of the EYES curriculum and its means of delivery
- a love of continuous provision and the vision to extend this across our Year 1 class
- an appreciation of developing a language-rich environment
- consistently high expectations of attainment and behaviour for learning
- self-direction and creativity to make learning including outdoor learning engaging.
- the desire to lead a small team to make a difference
- an approach that is highly motivated, professional and enthusiastic
- high standards of communication and interpersonal skills
- a good sense of humour
Potential candidates for this role are warmly invited to visit the school or to contact the headteacher for an informal conversation.
Applications Close: Midnight on Thursday 10th December
Shortlisting: Friday 11th December.
Interviews: Tuesday 12th December.
We reserve the right to invite candidates for interview prior to the closing date. We would therefore recommend that you submit your application as early as possible. Please also be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.