Reception Class Teacher (Maternity Cover)
Greystoke Primary School
Grade: MPS (1-6)
32.5 hours per work
Fixed term until 8th April 2022
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and highly motivated teacher who will be committed to improving outcomes for all of our children, along with a passion for providing inspirational learning experiences.
Job duties include:
- Deliver the curriculum as relevant to the age and ability group/subject/s that you teach
- Be responsible for the preparation and development of teaching materials, teaching programmes and pastoral arrangements as appropriate
- Be responsible for the learning and achievement of all pupils in the class ensuring equality of opportunity for all
- Be responsible and accountable for achieving the highest possible standards in work and conduct
- Work proactively and effectively in collaboration and partnership with learners, parents/carers, Trust, other staff and external agencies in the best interests of pupils
The right candidate will have:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Willingness to be fully involved the life of the school community
- A commitment to supporting and enhancing our school’s ethos and vision
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification attached to support with your application.
Why Choose us:
At Greystoke our vison is working together to provide a safe, happy and stimulating environment so that all our children reach their full potential.
Discovery Schools Academy Trust is dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence is shared through learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between schools. Discovery has developed a school improvement system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding organisations.
In return we will give you the opportunity to:
- Be an integral member of the team in a vibrant and exciting school
- Develop your profession within our school
- Play a significant part in continuing to develop our school
- Enjoy your teaching journey!
Closing Date for Applications: Sunday 14th March 2021
Interview Date: week commencing 6th April 2021 (online)
Start Date: As soon as possible
End Date: 8th April 2022
Our Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure form the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service).