St Paul's is a happy, thriving, two form entry primary school in Dorking and we are looking for a Teaching Assistant with EYFS experience to join our team. We have a strong and supportive team of staff, who are highly motivated, caring and supportive of the children and one another. Our parents and governors take an active part in school life and the children's education.
The post is for one year, with the potential for this being extended at the end of the year, following an initial probationary period.
• The roles are to work 5 days a week with a Reception class, with potential further role supporting pupils at breakfast club.
• The working day for the TA role will start between 8:30 and 9:00 and the end of the day will be between 3:05 and 3:35, depending on the staggered start to the day. The optional Breakfast club requirements are from 07.30 am to 08.45 am and the midday requirements are for 30 minutes each day.
• The pay scale for these roles is PS3 (FTE £17663 to £18607). The TA role is for 27.5 hours, per week, for 38.6 weeks pa. (pro rata'd the pay range is £11,488 to £12,102pa.) The breakfast club role is up to 6.25 hours per week for 38 weeks pa. (pro rata'd pay range - £2570 to £2707). The midday role is 2.5 hours per week for 38 weeks pa. (pro rata'd pay range - £1,044 to £1,100).
• Work with Reception class teachers to deliver excellent teaching and learning in a Reception class
• Lead and support pupils during the breakfast club and the lunchtime break
• Accompany groups on trips
• Work with small groups
• Support assessment and evidence learning
• Work with the teacher to create stimulating classroom displays and learning environment
• Maintain a safe and positive environment for all learners
• Create opportunities for all learners to thrive.
What we offer:
• Term-time working, plus INSET hours
• A friendly and supportive working environment
• Training and career development
• SCC Pension Scheme
• Discounted breakfast club rates for your own children
The right candidate will have:
• GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above
• Previous childcare experience in EYFS
• An ability to work on their own initiative
• Good communication skills with adults and children
• Commitment to the happiness and well-being of everyone at our school
Due to the current Coronavirus pandemic, we are adapting our usual recruitment process. Candidates will be invited for an initial telephone chat and will be asked for 3 references instead of the usual 2. Following this candidates will be interviewed using Microsoft Teams.
The closing date for applications is Friday 21st August at 9am with interviews taking place on Tuesday 25th August 2020.
Please note that applications must be on our application form. C.V. applications will not be accepted.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.