St Peter’s is an extremely successful secondary school and Sixth Form set in attractive grounds on the outskirts of Guildford. Due to an internal career development, we currently have a vacancy for a part-time School Receptionist to join our busy support team. Our receptionists are the first point of contact for all visitors to the school and deal with enquiries from students, staff and visitors both on the telephone and face-to-face.
If you are friendly, have a good sense of humour, enjoy working as part of a team and are looking for your next challenge, we would be pleased to hear from you.
The ideal candidate will be:
• Experienced as a receptionist (not necessarily in an educational environment)
• A confident, organised, pro-active individual who is able to prioritise their time and workload, whilst having to deal with unexpected interruptions.
• A good communicator with an excellent telephone manner and experience of working in a customer focused environment.
• Able to remain calm whilst working under pressure.
• IT literate - experience with using school database packages is desirable but not essential.
St Peter’s can offer you:
• The opportunity to join a friendly, supportive team.
• A varied workload with the necessary training and development to work effectively. Our reception team are trained first aiders. If you do not have a current certificate, you will be required to attend a first aid course.
• A Local Government Pension Scheme.
• All staff benefit from free access to Spectrum, Guildford, Sports Centre. Including the gym, group exercise classes, spa and pool.
• An organisation with a unique ethos based on strong relationships, high expectations and emotional and spiritual health.
Surrey Pay Scale PS4 - £20,722 to £22,716 FTE
Monday to Friday 10.00am to 1.30pm, 17.5 Hours per week, term time only (39 weeks per year), actual salary - £8,666 to £9,499
Our roles can receive high volumes of applicants and we may need to occasionally close a vacancy before the published closing date of the advert. Interviews will be arranged as suitable applications are received. We do not want you to miss out, so recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible.
If you would like to visit the school for a tour or have any other queries, please contact Michelle Gallagher, HR Manager.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.