Receptionist / Admin Assistant - Permanent
Hours: Monday – Friday: 8.30am – 1.00pm (22.5hrs per week, 40 weeks per year)
Start date: As soon as possible
Richard Hill CE Primary School is on an upward spiral. We have a strong leadership team who are driving the school forward on its improvement journey. We are a founding member of the Vines Academy Trust alongside three other Church schools which all share the same vision and values. Richard Hill is set in beautiful grounds in the small village of Thurcaston just outside of Leicester. Our children come from the local area and beyond. We pride ourselves on being a fully inclusive school, which nurtures every child. Our staff are dedicated professionals, who work as a close knit team to do their best for every child in their care.
We are seeking someone who is resilient, adaptable, with strong interpersonal skills and thrives in a child-focused environment. You will help the school to run efficiently and make sure that our children are given the best education possible.
In this position, you will be supporting the Head Teacher and the team to provide administrative support and a general welfare service to children.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate the following personal qualities:
- Has experience of working in a school environment, ideally in a school office;
- Is competent in use of IT;
- Is confident in the use of databases;
- Has excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Can work as part of a team;
- Is sensitive to the needs of young children;
- Is punctual and very reliable with an excellent attendance record;
- Understands the need for professionalism and high levels of confidentiality at all times;
- Is able to interact well with all visitors to the school, both in person, and on the telephone
- Can cope with the demands of a busy office and is able to multi-task
Salary Grade 5: FTE £18,426-£18,795 pro-rata for the part time
For more information, please contact Richard Hill Primary School on 0116 241 2465
Closing date: 12 noon Wednesday 29th January 2020
Interviews: Date to be agreed
As part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment, references will be taken up prior to interview wherever possible, and this post is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check. We are committed to equality of opportunity in employment and services