The governing body are looking to appoint an outstanding, dynamic and innovative Receptionist to work in our extremely busy office. The person would be expected to be professional at all times whilst delivering a first class customer service to parents and outside agencies.
• Undertake reception duties, answering general telephone and face-to-face enquiries and signing in visitors.
• Pupil first aid officer, looking after sick pupils, liaising with parents/staff etc
• Assist in arrangements for school trips (taking payments etc), events etc
• To ensure that all visitors to the school are courteously and correctly received and to deal sensitively with anxious, distressed or impatient callers, whether by telephone or in person.
• Deal with the outgoing and incoming mail.
• Be responsible for the whole school photocopying.
• Update pupil records, SEN registers as and when required.
• Produce lists/information data as required e.g. pupil data.
• Produce letters and distribute information to parents when requested.
• Take minutes at governor sub-committees (these will take place after school 12 times per year)
Abersychan is a vibrant 11-16 school with a roll of 850 pupils serving the north of Torfaen. Significant numbers of pupils come from socio – economically deprived areas with approximately 30% of pupils eligible for Free School Meals. The school is committed to high quality inclusive education.
We can offer:-
• A friendly student community
• A hardworking and committed team of staff
• A supportive and ambitious governing body
• A supportive parental body and local community
• The opportunity to succeed
We are a school that is committed to ensuring all our young people are happy, successful and ready for their lives beyond school.
Abersychan Comprehensive School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.