Flexible working + Career development + Staff benefits + CPD + Pension scheme (Local Government)
We are seeking to recruit an experienced Finance Partner to join our Trust. The role oversees a number of academies in our West & Oxfordshire cluster covering Camberley, Wokingham, Sunbury, Didcot and Banbury. Responsible to the Financial Controller, we require an individual who is a great team player, has excellent communication skills and has a flexible approach to work.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Executive Heads of our 16 schools within our West & Oxfordshire cluster to ensure that resources are used as effectively as possible to provide the best possible education for children and young people.
Ideally we are looking to recruit to a full time post but will consider applications that are based on a commitment of 30 hours per week over 52 weeks of the year. Please indicate in your supporting statement (within the application form) your preferred working pattern.
This is a hybrid role, whereby we are able to offer work from home for part of the week, and access to our regional offices in either Camberley or Banbury for the remainder of the week. There will also be a need to visit the schools within the region as and when required.
The role will include
- Providing finance leadership and business support to Executive Head teachers, helping to drive positive change
- Supporting & guiding budget holders & senior management in their financial management responsibilities
- Lead the regional finance team of Finance managers and Finance Officers with the day to day running of the academies
- Routinely develop and review Management accounts, forecasts and budgets
Join Our Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 41 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
- 41 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
- Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
Our Employment Offer
- GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
- Access to our highly competitive pension scheme
- Flexible working options - (staggered start and finish times, hybrid working, virtual meetings)
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Career pathways and talent management
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Please read the Job Description and Person Specification within our attached recruitment pack for more information and before applying.
Start Date: As soon as available
Salary: Leadership 2 £51,000 - £55,000 FTE
Close Date: 17th July 2022
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place