We are looking for an exceptional CIPD qualified HR professional to join us for the remainder of this academic year to add capacity to our highly experienced People Team.
This role is ideal for someone wanting to experience being part of an Academy Trust where the overarching focus is to deliver the best outcomes and experiences for our children, students, colleagues and their families.
GLF has so much to offer to you, including an enhanced benefits package and the option for agile/remote working.
You will have accountability for varied casework, providing advice, coaching and support to school leaders on absence management, disciplinary, capability, grievance, restructuring and other HR related matters. In addition, you will be involved in development project work and the delivery of training to school leaders.
As part of the people team you will have the opportunity:
- to work as part of a respected People function closely aligned to school improvement
- to further develop your People skills and expertise
- to experience a uniquely varied role allowing you to work with a number of different schools
- to contribute to the success of a growing, forward thinking family of schools
We comprise 41 schools over 5 regions and 7 LA's with 34 primaries and 7 secondaries.
West and Oxfordshire - Camberley, Sunbury, Wokingham, Lightwater, Banbury, Didcot
Central - West Ewell, Cheam, Banstead, Epsom
South East - Wandsworth, Croydon, Caterham, Merstham, Redhill, Crawley, Horsham
As a busy People function there is an expectation that you can work flexibly to support with work in other regions and across the trust as required.
We would welcome applications from candidates ideally located in our West and Oxfordshire Region.
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff. Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of their own local community, yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience.
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish. Some of our benefits include:
- Continuous Professional Development
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Flexible Working
- Staff Wellbeing
- Career Pathways and Talent Management
- Valued worker scheme
As part of GLF, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression opportunities and outstanding CPD for all staff, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 41 academies or in our central team.
We are looking for someone
- Who has a minimum of level 5 CIPD qualified with significant generalist HR experience
- That can provide excellent HR knowledge and support to all aspects of the Trust’s operations, bringing challenge to decision making where appropriate
- Who demonstrates unquestionable integrity and discretion to ensure that the Trust’s HR processes are managed to the highest standard.
- That is proactive in keeping professional HR knowledge up to date and have a commitment to personal and professional development.
- Who is a confident communicator, able to present our people strategy to our Headteachers and other key stakeholders.
- Who can be flexible, have a calm approach and a ‘can-do’ attitude, and is comfortable working at pace with multiple priorities
- Who always interacts positively with colleagues, be solutions focused and seek to understand the needs of each of our school
Salary: £40,000 - £52,000 FTE per annum (pro rata for part time / term time working patterns)
Hours of work: We are open to a variety of working patterns including full time (36 hours per week, 52 weeks), term time (minimum 42 weeks). We will also consider job share and part-time dependant on the candidate pool. Please state your preferred working pattern in your application.
Contract: Fixed Term (until 23 July 2020)
Start Date: ASAP
Closing date for applications: Monday 2nd November
Interview Date: Stage 1 virtual interview 12 November
/ Stage 2 selection process 17 November
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.