£19,217 - £21,007 (dependent upon skills and qualifications)
The post holder will have responsibility for the maintenance and upkeep of the facilities and resources within the Animal Management Centre, Equine Centre and Farm Premises ensuring that the learners experience and utilisation of facilities is both promising and rewarding and that consideration is given to Animal Welfare within the three different centres. To meet this aim it is essential the post holder has a clear commitment to providing high quality support to our learners and staff.
Working with the centre managers the postholder will provide support to the centre teams to ensure that the facilities remain operational, safe and suitable to promote positive learning experiences for all and exemplary Animal Welfare that is consistent with professional standards and legislation.
Closing Date: 01 November 2021
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Holiday entitlement of 23 days (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas.
• Ability to Purchase Additional Annual Leave via a salary sacrifice arrangement
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, fruit & vegetables, fish and game
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check and to provide proof of their eligibility to work in the UK.