Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
1. Use SQL/SSRS and other relevant software to develop and produce dynamic reports from a range of MIS databases ensuring that information produced is accurate, timely and is available on demand
2. Using SQL/SSRS write ad hoc queries to provide data and reports for staff and external bodies as required from various complex databases
3. To contribute to the development and production of the College Management Reports that are used in Senior Management meetings
4. Working in partnership with College staff to enable them to clarify and define their information needs, ensuring that specifications for development provide the required solution
5. To train staff in the use of standard reports available from the management information applications
6. To assist with the production of external returns as necessary, including contribution to the validation of that information
7. To assist with the administration of the College’s information systems
8. To assist with the further development of College’s information systems to meet the needs of the users
9. To contribute positively to team targets, and other performance measures.
10. To have a thorough understanding of current funding methodology for each of the funding agencies and advise appropriate where required.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
a) Comply with internal and external quality standards and contribute to the College’s strategic aims.
b) Comply with college policies and procedures and health and safety regulations.
c) Support the safeguarding and promotion of students’ welfare.
d) Maintain confidentiality in relation to all College information and to comply with Data Protection Legislation.
e) Participate in the College’s Appraisal scheme and undertake any training as required.
f) Support and actively participate in the implementation of the College’s Equal Opportunity policies.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. South & City College Birmingham is an equal opportunities employer. All posts within the College are subject to Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate