WONDERFUL OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE TO SOME REALLY AMAZING CHILDREN, IN A PROFESSIONAL, FRIENDLY TEAM.
FULL PROGRAMME OF CPD OFFERED
Post 1 - Residential Assistant and Driver– 24 hours per week, term time only plus 18 hours training.
Start date 25th October 2021 (to be confirmed)
Ash Field is a specialist Academy for children from 4-19 whose main presenting need is physical but usually associated with additional needs. The school has an excellent national reputation following eight outstanding Ofsted reports and so it is a great place to learn and develop your skills and understanding. A positive attitude, enthusiasm and lots of energy is key to this role!
Applicants must have D1 category on their licence or be willing to attend a training course. (Please note there will be a clause in the contract to contribute to the cost of this course if you choose to leave within 2 years).
- To support learning and personal care needs to a group of children with physical disabilities
- 24 hours per week/38 weeks per year (Working times are: Mon to Thurs 3.00pm to 9.30pm (includes a 30 minute unpaid break). Plus 18 hours training per year)
- Permanent position subject to satisfactory completion of a 12 month probationary period.
- Actual starting salary: AFAT payscale pt 2 £11,355 (79% of the FTE £14,374)
- Opportunities for sleep-in duties paid at £37.07 per night may be available if desired but this is not a requirement of the post
- Appointment will be subject to Ash Field Academy Trust pay and conditions
Please note that all applications must be made by completing the Ash Field application form, clearly stating which post you are applying for. CVs will not be accepted without a completed application form.
To apply please download the information pack and application form from the eteach website and submit your application via eteach.
Closing date: Wednesday 22nd September 2021
Interviews: Monday 4th October 2021
Please note that for those candidates who are appointable yet unsuccessful, we may hold your information for similar positions that have the same criteria according to the person specification. These positions may be permanent or temporary. You will be asked to confirm if you are willing to be a ‘hold’ candidate; this will not affect your application for the position applied for.
Ash Field Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.