RESIDENTIAL CHILD CARE OFFICER - 38 hours per week, Monday to Friday Term Time Only
We are seeking outstanding and creative Residential Child Care Officers to join the team at Notton House Academy. This role is varied, and we are looking for adaptable, flexible and resourceful individuals able to cope in a high-pressure environment and deal with constantly changing priorities.
Notton House Academy is a well-established specialist residential SEMH special school located near the National Trust village of Lacock in Wiltshire. We have been judged as Good (Ofsted 2015) and 'Good' Care Ofsted (March 2020)and recognize the importance of a multi-professional approach to meeting young people’s needs. Our ethos is to ensure students achieve their full potential, both academically, socially and emotionally; so they are fully prepared for the next phase of their lives. Through high challenge and high support we aim to provide the best learning experience so all at Notton House make progress and attain.
We are committed to continued professional development on our journey to Outstanding. We are part of Learn@MAT,which consists of other Academies based in Bristol and the South West..
Hours of Work are 38 per week Monday to Friday, term time only. You will normally work between 2.30 pm and 10 30 pm 3 nights per week, and between 7.30 am to 3.00 pm 2 days a week. Evenings are Monday to Thursday)
The salary is £19,684 - £21,306 (PAY AWARD PENDING) plus unsociable hrs payments for hours worked between 10 pm and 6 am). This is the actual salary for this post.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact reception if you would like to arrange a visit.
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 10th August 2020. Interviews will be held week commncing 17th August 2020.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- term-time working (Monday to Friday)
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected Academy
- Good opportunities for personal and career development.
- Pension Scheme.
- Employee benefits such as childcare vouchers, Bike Scheme and Computer Scheme
- Access to a Wellbeing Service.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above.
- Level 3 Qualification or above in a relevant qualification, or the willingness to work towards this
- A proven ability to work on their own initiative.
- A high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
- The ability to use relevant technology/equipment.
- A can-do attitude.
- A commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
Find out more about this exciting opportunity by visiting our Academy website
Notton House Academy and Learn@MAT are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People and all staff working in these groups are expected to share a commitment to this. You will be expected to report any concerns relating to the safeguarding of children and/or young people in accordance with agreed procedures. If your own conduct in relation to safeguarding gives cause for concern, the Learn@MAT's agreed Child Protection procedures will be followed, alongside implementation of the Learn@MAT Disciplinary Procedure. An enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Services) check will be required for the successful candidate. We are an equal opportunities employer.