Residential Engagement Officer
Full Time – 37 hours per week / Term Time Only – 38 weeks
£18,282 - £19,975 per annum, salary pro rata from £21,509 - £23,500 - Salary offered is dependent on experience and qualifications
Start date ASAP
Based at the St Albans Campus
Oaklands College are recruiting for a Residential Engagement Officer, the role will be to support and develop residential students to ensure welfare and pastoral support is monitored against national care standards for students in accommodation.
You will take responsibility for monitoring student welfare and providing support for ‘at risk’ students as required. Developing, planning, implementing, and evaluating enrichment programmes for Residential students during the daytime. To support and advise students by helping them meet the range of personal, social and emotional needs ensuring student retention and success.
• Substantial experience of providing enrichment activities working with a diverse range of young people particularly those in the 16-19 age range.
• Experience of delivering workshops and organising activities.
• Ability to drive a minibus (or undertake the required training)
Closing Date: Wednesday 2nd February
Interview date TBC
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Generous Salary
• Automatic entry into the Local government pension Scheme.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
• Free onsite parking.
• Subsidised onsite restaurant.
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently under represented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.
Oaklands College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Employment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory safeguarding checks.
Please note, we are unable to accept CVs as form of an application, when applying for a position please ensure you complete all the required fields on the application form.