A bit about us:
The Olympus Academy Trust has experienced an exciting period of growth and change over the last few years, which has seen us double in size. Now with nine schools and in excess of 800 employees, the Trust is a significant education provider in the South West with a relentless drive to continue to deliver an outstanding education for more and more children and young people within the districts of Bradley Stoke, Filton, Patchway and the surrounding areas. From our inspirational teachers to our dedicated central support teams, we are always looking for exceptional individuals who want to be part of an organisation where everyone has a part to play in ‘making a difference’.
Our values are: Excellence – we believe in aiming high and giving out best, Collaboration – we believe we are stronger together and Opportunity – we believe in infinite possibilities for all our learners.
A bit about the role:
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an exceptional Class Teacher, with demonstrable experience across both Key Stages (especially EYFS / KS1), to join our team at Charborough Road Primary School from September 2020. This role is based in our Resource Base for children with Speech, Language and Communication Needs. The Resource Base currently has 19 pupils from EYFS to Year 6 and the children have a variety of special educational needs.
The position is full time and is offered on a permanent contract. Our Resource Base is an integral part of the school, and we place a strong emphasis inclusion for our pupils and where possible encourage successful integration with their partner mainstream class in order for them to develop social relationships and friendships with a wider group of children.
A bit about you:
First and foremost you will need to be a dynamic, caring and enthusiastic teacher with a passion for inspiring and motivating children and ensuring infinite possibilities and outstanding achievements for all.
We are looking for talented candidates who:
• Have experience in an SEND setting or working with SEND children
• Are passionate about the opportunity to work in a SEND environment
• Have high expectations of children both academically and socially
• Have highly effective communication skills and a commitment to a collaborative, multi-agency, team approach
• Are keen to contribute to the wider development of the school
• Will work closely with colleagues across the school, and other schools within the Olympus Academy Trust
• Show enthusiasm, dedication, an excellent rapport with both children and staff and a sense of humour.
• Have a calm and consistent approach to working with the children.
• Are highly flexible, motivated and well organised.
We are looking for people who are truly passionate about teaching, lead by example in adopting effective teaching practices and who will share the Trust’s priority to deliver exceptional levels of care for all our children.
The Olympus Academy Trust benefits:
• Nationally negotiated cost of living pay
• Automatic enrolment to the teacher or local government pension schemes
• Life assurance
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Employee assistance programme
• Personalised professional development and training
• Staff recognition scheme
• Pay portability for teaching professionals
• Recognition of local government continuous service
• Generous family and work/life balance policies and procedures
• Preferential rates for gym and Bristol Zoo - Wild Place membership
• Internal career opportunities
Please download the application form and save to desktop. Completed applications should be submitted by pressing 'apply online'. Please also submit a covering letter explaining the reasons for your interest in working for the Trust.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 9am on Monday 8th June 2020. Please note that the Trust reserve the right to close the advert early at our discretion.
In view of the current situation, we are unable to offer any visits to the schools but recommend you look at the schools websites and Twitter pages to get a feel for our ethos and culture.
Charborough Road Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.