Resource Base Class Teacher
Location: Charborough Road
Hours: Part Time 19.25 hours per week
Contract: Temporary linked to Resource Base Funding
Start date: 1st September 2021
A bit about the role:
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an exceptional Class Teacher, with demonstrable experience across both Key Stages (especially EYFS / KS1) and experience of working with children with high level SEND needs, to join our team at Charborough Road Primary School. This role is based in our Resource Base for children with Speech, Language and Communication Needs. The Resource Base currently has pupils from EYFS to Year 6 and the children have a variety of special educational needs.
The position is part time with the hours being worked over 5 mornings per week and is offered on a temporary basis for the year as the contract will be linked to Resource Base funding. Our Resource Base is an integral part of the school, and we place a strong emphasis inclusion for our pupils and where possible encourage successful integration with their partner mainstream class in order for them to develop social relationships and friendships with a wider group of children.
Our values are: Excellence – we believe in aiming high and giving out best, Collaboration – we believe we are stronger together and Opportunity – we believe in infinite possibilities for all our learners.
A bit about you:
First and foremost you will need to be a dynamic, caring and enthusiastic teacher with a passion for inspiring and motivating children and ensuring infinite possibilities and outstanding achievements for all.
We are looking for talented candidates who:
• Have experience in an SEND setting or working with children with high level SEND needs
• Are passionate about the opportunity to work in a SEND environment
• Have high expectations of children both academically and socially
• Have highly effective communication skills and a commitment to a collaborative, multi-agency, team approach
• Are keen to contribute to the wider development of the school
• Will work closely with colleagues across the school, and other schools within the Olympus Academy Trust
• Show enthusiasm, dedication, an excellent rapport with both children and staff and a sense of humour.
• Have a calm and consistent approach to working with the children.
• Are highly flexible, motivated and well organised.
We are looking for people who are truly passionate about teaching, lead by example in adopting effective teaching practices and who will share the Trust’s priority to deliver exceptional levels of care for all our children.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 12.00 pm on Wednesday, 19th May 2021. Please note that the Trust reserve the right to close the advert early at our discretion.
Charborough Road Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.