Resource Base Class Lead - HLTA or Unqualified Teacher
Start Date 1st September 2021 Apply by 24/05/2021
HLTA Spinal point 10 – 15 36 hours per week pro rata term time only £23,315 -
£ 24,598 (Full time Equivalent £26,544 - £28,005)
Unqualified Teacher £22,849 - £33,410
The Alton School is looking for an inspirational and outstanding member of staff to join our resource base team, you would be responsible for the teaching and learning of a class of up to 10 children with moderate learning needs. The position is suitable for someone with the HLTA qualification or for an unqualified teacher.
Our vision is to give every child in our community an exceptional education - our school is an exciting one to work in and we have a team of committed staff and governors who work exceptionally hard to give the children in our community the very best. We have a strong inclusive and supportive ethos, a well-resourced curriculum and fabulous children. We serve a diverse multi-cultural community and celebrate the richness that this brings to school life. If you want to be part of something truly special, please contact Helen Gibbs to have an informal chat with the Deputy Headteacher, Linsay Thomson.
• The opportunity to work with the most wonderful students anywhere in the country
• A warm, mutually supportive and caring ethos with enthusiastic and skilled staff who are highly aspirational and committed to pupil welfare, progress and life-chances
• A positive and enthusiastic, well-resourced and attractive working environment with extensive grounds
• A commitment to working with and within our local community
• A happy school - where children smile, they are eager to learn and where standards are high
• Support and guidance from your line manager
• High quality administrative support
• Onsite parking
• Rights Respecting School
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
• Excellent classroom practice that demonstrates creativity and caring with the ability to make learning fun
• Experience working with children with moderate learning difficulties
• High expectations and a commitment to providing the best possible education for all pupils
• The ability to be flexible, dynamic, enjoy a challenge, be good at thinking on your feet and well organised
• Be driven and ambitious for the learners, the school and on a personal level
• Have the unswerving desire to support the values and aims of The Alton School and the needs of its pupils and staff
• The ability to work as part of a team and to inspire, support and lead others
• Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment
Closing date: 9am Monday 24th May 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Applicants regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, martial status, disability or age will be welcomed. All applicants are considered on the basis of their merits and abilities for the job. Safeguarding procedures to promote the welfare of all children are in place. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory check supplied by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The Alton Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.