Resources and Administrative Assistant
Salary: TSAT Grade C £18,327 - £20,066 FTE (Pro rata to £15,516 - £16,988 for hours and weeks stated)
Contract: 37 hours a week, term time only (39 weeks) + 5 days, Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Closing Date: 9.00am on Monday 7th February, 2022
We are currently recruiting for a Resources and Administrative Assistant to join Plymouth High School for Girls. We are looking for a well-organised, efficient and enthusiastic person to join our team to assist in supporting the Office Manager by providing a range of administrative support.
We are looking for someone with excellent all-round IT skills and the ability to be flexible. You will provide a friendly, welcoming, first point of contact for parents/carers, visitors and staff. You will have the ability to cope with conflicting demands, deadlines and interruptions and to work to tight deadlines in a methodical manner observing confidentiality at all times.
Plymouth High believes as much in preparing its students for life as it does their school years, shown by our motto “For life, not school, we learn”, drives all that we do.
Plymouth High School for Girls is a City selective grammar school with a good reputation for providing an engaging curriculum within a supportive and encouraging environment. Students are happy at our school and enjoy the benefits of well taught and engaging lessons along with extensive extra-curricular opportunities. We are a small school with a friendly feel where people work flexibly and collaboratively to give our students the best possible experience.
What you will need to succeed:
For a full list of responsibilities please see the attached JD
- Attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft 365
- Ability to be flexible
- Able to provide a friendly, welcoming, first point of contact for parents/carers, visitors and staff.
- Ability to cope with conflicting demands, deadlines and interruptions and to work to tight deadlines in a methodical manner observing confidentiality at all times.
- A good standard of education, including GCSE Maths and English at grade C or above
- First Aid Qualification desirable but essential
- Previous experience in a similar role would be desirable
- SIMS system knowledge would be advantageous, but training will be provided
What you will get from our Trust
- Revised support staff pay scale to retain and reward excellent people
- The opportunity to work with happy and well behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other colleagues within the school and our Trust to help you support outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- Regular opportunities to meet and share best practice staff at both PHSG and other secondary schools within our trust
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Excellent CPD opportunities.
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in our school, benefiting from a supportive network of teachers across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career, then please apply today!
We strongly encourage anybody who may be interested in working at our school to direct any question they may have to the Head’s PA, Vicki Benwell v. benwell @ tsatrust. org.uk.
We also encourage any early applications and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Plymouth High School for Girls is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.