Salary: TSAT Paygroup 4 £23,105 - £27,104 for hours and weeks stated (£25,743 - £30,198 FTE) - Please note this is subject to agreement in line with September 2022 salary increases but the amounts shown are a minimum of what will you earn and if any changes are made they will be increases on the amount shown.
Hours: 37 hours per week, 40 weeks per year (Term Time plus 2 Weeks)
Location: Trust Central Offices, New Horizon’s Children’s Academy, Chatham
Closing date: 14th August 2022
Interviews: 17th & 19th August 2022
We have an exciting opportunity to work in our Safeguarding Team to support and guide our schools in matters relating to safeguarding and attendance. Within this role you will truly make a difference to the life chances of our students making a tangible positive impact on their time within our schools.
Working closely with our schools you will develop the online safety and mental health resource area which will help supporting our students, parents and staff. We place a key focus on the mental health of all of our community and you will play a pivotal role in helping us increase the support we offer to ensure mental health is always at the forefront when we make decisions.
You will also support with our safeguarding and attendance strategies by advising and offering support to our schools in matters relating to safeguarding which could include exclusions, inclusions and attendance.
You will be supported by our Head of Safeguarding who will help you develop your practice and be able to offer development and coaching opportunities.
If this sounds like the role for you then please read the below and the attached Job Description and don't hesitate to get in touch with any questions !
What you will need to succeed:
For further details please see the attached JD and person specification
- A strong focus on data to help analyse patterns and trends in attendance and exclusions across the Trust
- Ability to work closely with our schools and coach and guide them
- Assist our Safeguarding Team to ensure we have clear policies and procedures in place in relation to Safeguarding and Attendance
- Pro-active approach to foresee problems and challenges and put in measures to address them
- Undertake school visits to provide assistance with meetings with both parents and the local authority
- Organise and support Trust forums with AIC and SLT across the trust to share challenges and solutions
- Passionate about research, keeping your own knowledge of safeguarding and attendance up to date at all times
- Strong ICT with MS packages such as Word, Excel and Outlook are essential
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
Follow us on social media to learn more about our Trust and watch the below video from our students and staff !
What you will get from The Thinking Schools Academy Trust:
- The opportunity to join a growing organisation during an extremely exciting time, with the opportunity for progression as the Trust grows in size
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employees who join our Trust can also benefit from a discounted price of £10 per month membership of the TSAT gym, which is conveniently located on site at New Horizon’s Children’s Academy in Chatham
- The successful applicant will also have access to the local government pension scheme and an annual leave entitlement of 26 days + bank holidays, increasing to 30 + bank holidays.
- A fun, hardworking and welcoming team who enjoy supporting each other
- Vast support network from senior leaders within the school and our Trust
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working for our Safeguarding team and, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
If you would like to arrange an informal conversation about the role please contact Simon Arnold
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust * is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.