Join us to discover why we are truly an Outstanding school
A career at Perseid School offers a rewarding future: working with inspiring pupils and young adults, in a close-knit team of talented and ambitious staff. If you believe you can add to our outstanding team – we want to hear from you.
Perseid is a vibrant, happy and nurturing school located in the London Borough of Merton. We offer young people aged 3-19, with severe and complex learning difficulties and learners with an additional diagnosis of autism and/or physical and sensory difficulties, an outstanding educational provision. Our mission is to inspire learning, through an enjoyable, interactive and creative curriculum and our staff are key in making this a reality.
Pupils flourish in our school and this enables us to trail-blaze holistic learning. We are seeking to recruit positive, enthusiastic and inspirational staff with a commitment to our pupils’ welfare and achievement. The right candidate needs to be passionate for achieving the best for all – if this sounds like you, we would love to invite you to meet our wonderful community of pupils and staff.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and reliable person to play a significant role in the safeguarding team across Perseid School, promoting the safety, wellbeing and protection of pupils, with a focus on positive access to education.
Investing in you:
- Endless opportunities for CPD
- Detailed induction programme including high-quality training
- Strong relationships with local schools
- A member of the Merton Special Teaching Alliance
Enrichment and personal benefits:
- An enviable location, in one of London’s greenest boroughs, well connected on transport routes and only 30 minutes from central London
- Wealth of unique sights, attractions and activities to benefit staff in their free time and provide exciting learning opportunities for pupils
- Supportive network of staff and positive working environment
- Empowering leadership that recognise potential and commitment of staff
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is subject to safer recruitment measures, which will include an enhanced criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Perseid School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.