Meath School are seeking to appoint a motivated and ambitious Safeguarding and Pastoral Lead. The successful candidate must have a good level of literacy and numeracy and excellent communication skills. Have a good understanding of child protection and safeguarding procedures and legislation as well as an understanding of Government and Local Authority guidelines.
The successful candidate will:
• Be Designated Safeguarding Lead and work directly with families and with young children as a part of the dynamic multi professional teams in the school.
• Support and work with pupils and families to maximise learning for individual pupils
• Contribute to the development of a whole school approach to overcome obstacles to learning and improve pupil participation in learning and whole school life.
• Work with our pupils and with their families to support and enhance their involvement with school and other agencies, and to enhance the development of the child in the family and their local community
I CAN’s Meath School is a consistently outstanding special school committed to the highest quality integrated education, therapy and care. Meath is a non-maintained day and residential school for pupils aged between 4 – 11 years, who have severe and complex speech, language and communication difficulties together with other learning and/or behavioural difficulties. Working collaboratively as part of strong and supportive multi-disciplinary team of teachers, therapists, learning support assistants and care officers we create stimulating learning environments, where all pupils are enabled to communicate as effectively as possible, individuals are valued, and achievement is celebrated. Please visit the Meath School website to find out more!
You will provide a range of engagement activities, information support and advice to parents/carers and families both in school and at the families’ homes alongside developing safeguarding procedures across the school.
You will ideally have experience of:
• working with young children with special educational needs and their families
• working in a multi-disciplinary educational setting and with multiple stakeholders (internal and external)
• supporting or leading on safeguarding in schools and working external professionals
For further information on this post or Meath School, please contact the Principal, Kim Bent