Full time 37 hours per week
All year round
Salary Grade F point 20-24 £25,991-£28,672
Rosslyn Park Primary and Nursery School is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified, enthusiastic and hard-working Safeguarding Lead. You will lead and manage the provision of safeguarding of children within the school and support local families in accessing multi-agency support within the school. Working alongside key school staff and multi agencies within the Local Authority to reduce the risk of harm to pupils.
• Lead the safeguarding team and play a vital role in the safeguarding of all pupils.
• Act as Designated Senior Person for the school, attending multi-agency meetings as required.
• To work with the Senior Leadership Team in ensuring effective procedures for safeguarding children are applied in school and support the Designated Safeguarding Leads.
• Act as a CAF Lead Professional when it is appropriate for the School to be Lead Agency.
Rosslyn Park Primary and Nursery School is a very large primary school with over 700 pupils. We have a primary focus on ensuring the highest possible standards of teaching and learning for our pupils. In our most recent Ofsted (November 2017) we received an Outstanding grade for the Behaviour, Safety and Welfare of pupils. This was achieved through having a reflective approach that places the emphasis upon on ensuring that we get the provision right for every child. We are looking to appoint a dedicated, resilient and caring professional to share in this reflective and collaborative approach. You would be joining a team of committed and supportive professionals and the school can offer lots of opportunity to develop and enhance your skills through training and support.
We warmly welcome applications from those who are passionate about making a real difference to the lives of children and thrives on challenging themselves and others to keep on improving. Our working relationships are positive, supportive and forward looking.
• have experience in dealing with safeguarding procedures and protocols
• be DSL qualified or prepared to undergo the training
• have experience in leading a team and providing training and support on safeguarding
• have high expectations of pupils’ achievements and a commitment to excellent standards
• work well as part of a team
• build and maintain successful relationships with young people, to treat them consistently, with respect and consideration and to demonstrate concern for them as learners
• have excellent communication skills with children and adults
In return we offer:
• A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team
• Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
• Calm and purposeful learning environments
• Friendly, polite, well behaved children who deserve the very best
• Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
• Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
If you would like further information or would like to discuss the role or arrange a visit to the school please contact the school office
How to apply
Equality and diversity matters to us. If you think you’d be suited to one of our roles we’d love to hear from you regardless of age, disability status, ethnicity, gender, religion or sexuality.
Please complete the online application form which you will find on the Transform Trust website
Any questions or queries should be directed to Andy Mullahy, School Business Manager
Closing date for applications: 12 noon 28 January 2022
Interviews 4 February 2022
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6700 children in 19 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Derby and Derbyshire. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are strategic partners in Inspiring Leaders, Flying High Teaching School Hub, East Midlands Maths Hub and with Derby Research School.
All school roles are classed as regulated activity and as such, it is an offence to apply to for this role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children
Transform Trust and its schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, Enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education.