School Admin Officer
The Cedars Primary School is a special school located in Cranford for children with severe social, emotional and mental health difficulties who have been unable to manage in a mainstream school due to their challenging behaviour.
Our last School Admin Officer has recently left after 15 years here to take a promoted post elsewhere and we are now looking for an experienced administrator to join our small and friendly office team.
Working pattern would be 8:30 am to 4 pm Monday to Friday (including a 30-minute unpaid lunch break)
Term-time only plus 5 Inset days
We are looking for someone who:
- is approachable and friendly with a sense of humour
- is self-motivated, flexible, adaptable and a team player
- is an excellent communicator with good inter-personal skills
- has excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft packages
- has a calm and professional approach and can multi-task and prioritise their own work in a busy office environment
We can offer you:
- a friendly, supportive and committed team with a strong ethos of working together
- excellent facilities in a very pleasant working environment
- a varied role where no two days are ever the same
- a supportive and experienced leadership team
- strong relationships with parents and children
- training as required
Early applications are recommended as candidates will be assessed as their application is received and we may interview before the closing date if sufficiently strong applicants apply.
Please ensure that you explain clearly in the application how you meet the person specification.
The Cedars is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The school follows safer recruitment practices, and rigorous pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
This post is subject to an enhanced clearance by the Disclosure and Barring Service.