A proactive and strategic School Bursar is sought for our friendly primary school in Kingston upon Thames to start in September 2020 (or sooner in order to undertake handover). We recognise that the role of School Bursar is important to enable the school to move forward alongside day-to-day tasks to ensure it is efficient and effective.
St Luke’s C.E. Primary School is a happy, vibrant, Christian values-based school, where everyone is a learner and every experience is a learning opportunity. We serve a diverse and multi-cultural community in the heart of Kingston. Our OFSTED inspection in June 2007 found our school to be an ‘Outstanding’ school.
We are looking to appoint a School Bursar who will:
• Work as part of the Leadership & Management Team providing strategic support to the Headteacher and the Governing Body to ensure that the school meets its educational aims.
• Promote the highest standards and ensure the most effective use of resources in support of the school’s development priorities.
• Take responsibility for managing a broad range of disciplines including finance, human resources and administration.
• Provide professional leadership and management of office staff, monitoring and evaluating to ensure best quality and best value in every area.
What we can offer:
• A progressive, supportive and friendly team.
• A range of training and development opportunities.
• A school which promotes well-being of staff.
• A well-resourced school with delightful, happy pupils.
Please see attached the job description and person specification.
As a school that invests in its people, premises and resources, the budget is efficient and well managed. The Bursar will have the support of an experienced Headteacher and Governing Body, as well as financial Induction training (if required), termly briefings, a day to day helpdesk and an external financial consultant (SMS) for one day a week.
Please take a look at our school website which contains many photos of our school. The school is centrally located, with onsite parking, and is only 5 minute walk from the town centre and train station. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the school office to arrange a tour and come and see for yourself all we have to offer.
The role is part time & permanent – 15 hours per week, 3 days per week (exact days to be agreed, but one of the days must be Thursdays), 41 weeks per year (term time plus 2 weeks)
Required from: 1st September 2020 (or sooner in order to undertake handover).
Salary – paid on the Kingston Pay Scale grade i – Full Time Equivalent £37,842 to £42,684; pro-rata for 15 hours - £14,312 to £16,143.
Closing date for applications: Noon Wednesday 3rd June 2020.
Interviews will be held shortly after this.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Applicants must produce evidence of their right to work in the UK.
St. Luke’s is an equal opportunities employer and its policies, including the need to guard against false assumptions based on an applicant's gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, disability, religion, age, marital status, working pattern, are followed at all stages of the selection procedure.