School Business Manager
Hours: 24 hours per week (3 days), (8.30am to 5.30pm - including 1-hour lunch break)
Pay scale: SO2 – PO2 New Spine Point 27 – 31 (£33,759 - £36,486 pro rata)
Start: As soon as possible
“Striving for Excellence in a Caring Catholic Community”
We are a thriving successful two-form entry primary school in the heart of Bethnal Green, Tower Hamlets.
The Governors are seeking to appoint an experienced, well-motivated and dedicated School Business Manager.
The successful candidate will have proven leadership skills and the ability to motivate and develop teams of support staff across the following functions: Finance & Procurement, HR & Payroll and Premises Management.
This role is key to the success of the school and we seek a School Business Manager who has a positive attitude, who cares about making a difference to the outcomes of our pupils and can take others along the journey with them. They will need to be a team player that is able to multi task effectively, motivate others and demonstrate a commitment to achieving high standards. Ideally the post-holder will possess relevant SBM qualifications and will have had experience in a similar environment or can bring high quality, transferable skills from a business environment.
The successful candidate will work within an experienced and dedicated leadership team and be afforded autonomy to lead and drive forward change.
In order to do this, you will have:
- A strong academic record
- A certificate, or diploma, in School Business Management
- Leadership and management experience of areas including finance, HR and health and safety
- Experience of premises, facilities and project management
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present both written and verbal information for the Head teacher, Senior Leadership Team and Governors
- A genuine desire to involve yourself fully in the life of our school and to work as part of our forward-thinking team of professionals
- A successful school with an experienced Senior Leadership Team and Governing body
- Individualised professional development and career enhancement opportunities
- The support of an experienced administrative, finance and premises team including HR and Finance officers.
If you are interested in joining our team please contact the school for an application pack.
We would encourage all applicants to visit our school prior to completing an application. Please arrange a visit by contacting the school office.
Closing date for applications: 31 May 2019
Shortlisting: Week beginning 03 June 2019
Interviews will take place week beginning: 10 June 2019
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and receipt of satisfactory references.
St Elizabeth Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.