The school business manager is a strategic leader with senior management responsibility involved in setting strategy, direction and vision for the school. The role requires leadership which provides innovative, efficient and cost effective school business management, and the exercise of overall responsibility for finance, administration, premises, trading, risk management and health and safety within statutory regulations and school policy, promoting the highest standards of business ethos.
The senior team at St Bede’s is responsible to the governing body for every aspect of the organisation of the school. The team consists of an executive headteacher, two heads of school, five assistant headteachers and the business manager. They meet twice weekly to discuss day-to-day issues and make longer term plans.
Each member of the senior team has a specific portfolio but share collective responsibility for the success of the school. The team works together and supports each individual member so we deliver a high quality education for the pupils at the school.
As a team and as a school, our aims in recent years have been to:
• maintain and develop the Christian character of St Bede’s
• ensure each pupil fulfills their potential in public exams at 16 and 18
• Oversee the expansion of the school’s roll and improve the facilities at St Bede’s
• maintain the range and quality of the extra-curricular provision at the school
• recruit and retain excellent teaching staff and offer a wide range of continuing professional development
• develop the size and quality of the support staff team.
We are looking for a well-motivated individual to continue the development of St Bede’s as a place of ‘Christian education at it’s best’.
If you would like to visit the school and meet with our executive headteacher prior to application we are offering group appointments on:
Tuesday 11th June at 10:00 am
Wednesday 12th June at 3:30 pm
Please call our HR team if you would like to book a place.
Our school is committed to the safeguarding of children so all appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service. We will only consider applications made on our standard forms and references will be taken up before interview.