School Business Manager
Ninelands Primary School, Garforth, Leeds
Full-time, permanent, full-year round contract
Scale Point Range Pt 27 - 32 (£30,507 - £34,788)
The governors wish to recruit an inspirational School Business Manager to join our highly successful and creative leadership team at Ninelands Primary School in Garforth.
The successful candidate will provide leadership and management across school, leading on the provision, development and operation of all school support functions including finance, personnel, business administration and buildings.
Ninelands firmly believes in creative, skill based learning and outdoor opportunities. We require someone who shares this philosophy and can help to shape the future of our school whilst ensuring the highest standards of efficiency and best value in all non-teaching support functions. We have a strong, dynamic and effective leadership team with members who are local leaders in education. This post will be attractive to someone who has the ability and aspiration to work and offer challenge at senior leadership level.
Ninelands Primary School is a popular and vibrant establishment with an excellent reputation in the local community. We have a 52 place nursery and a 60 intake for each year group. In October 2017 we achieved a ‘Good’ grade from Ofsted and were recognised by the inspector as a rapidly improving school with strong layers of leadership. Ninelands is a partner within the NOCTUA Teaching Alliance.
We are looking for someone who is:
• An experienced Business Manager and is ambitious and looking for a new challenge in their career.
• Able to lead and manage all non-teaching activity and resources in order to continue to develop the infrastructure and working/learning environment to ensure excellent teaching and learning.
• Able to support the Governing Body and the Headteacher as part of the Senior Leadership Team in achieving the vision, aims and ethos of the school.
• Skilled in financial matters who can deliver the School Improvement Plan within budget.
• A highly able, dedicated and inspirational individual who is excited to challenge, lead and embrace change.
We can offer you:
• A warm, happy and friendly school with supportive governors, parents and children who are passionate about learning and are proud of their school.
• The opportunity to work within our dynamic and strong senior leadership team who are focused on whole school priorities.
• A highly motivated, talented and supportive staff team who are committed to building on the many strengths of the school.
• The opportunity to work in a busy, exciting and large learning environment.
• A strong commitment to continual professional leadership development.
The post is subject to a probationary period.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure Barring Service Check.
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to visit the school and meet the headteacher. Please email headteacher to book onto one of the visit times.
(see how to apply)
Visits: Monday 9th September 11.30am and 3.45pm, Wednesday 11th September 8.00am, Friday 13th September 12.15pm
Closing Date: Thursday 19th September at 12 noon
Shortlisting: Friday 20th September
Interview Date: Friday 27th September
Start Date: As soon as possible
Thank you for your interest in this post at Ninelands Primary School. The post you are applying for involves working with young people. It is therefore exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and any offer of employment will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure.
As this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act, you must declare any convictions, including pending convictions, cautions, reprimands and warnings which would otherwise be regarded as “spent” under this Act. Further details will be sought prior to appointment.
An Enhanced Disclosure is carried out by the Criminal Records Bureau and will check criminal records for information on any convictions, cautions, reprimands and warnings held on the Police National Computer and on local Police records.
ll information on criminal records provided both by you and within the Enhanced Disclosure will be used, stored and disposed of in confidence and in line with the Criminal Records Bureau Code of Practice of Disclosure Information.
If your application is successful, you will receive further information on how to complete the Enhanced Disclosure.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Ninelands Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.