Grayswood Primary school is a one form entry village school and we are looking to appoint a School Business Manager to join our dedicated, hardworking team. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced people with strong finance/accounting skills. A qualification in School Business Management or experience in a school would be particularly welcome.
The successful candidate will support the strategic direction of the school in respect of planning, developing and monitoring finance, personnel, premises and ICT. You will work closely with the Headteacher, Governors and Senior Leadership team.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has current knowledge and experience of working in finance and managing budgets, ideally in an educational setting.
- Has the ability to organise and prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Has experience of school IT systems (such as SIMS, FMS and Tucasi)
- Is competent and efficient in all areas of HR and follows the procedures and policies of safer recruitment
- Can manage the site and facilities across the school which includes the delegation to others.
- Can communicate effectively with staff and Governors
- Is self-motivated, enthusiastic, approachable, hardworking and flexible and enjoys working as a part of a team
We can offer you:
- A supportive leadership team, governing body and finance consultants (Strictly Education)
- Opportunities to develop your career through continuous professional development
- A great working environment within this happy village school.
This role is for 41 weeks a year, 28 hours week, to be worked over a four or five day period each week, to be negotiated.
Salary - paid on the Surrey Pay Scale grade PS8 £31,273 - £34,519 FTE; £21998 - £24282 pro rata for 28 hours.
The successful candidate will start on 1st September 2020.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon Monday 8th June 2020.
Interview date: Wednesday 17th June 2020
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to demonstrably share this commitment.