School Business Manager
Start date: 1st November 2020
Hours: 26 hours a week, term time only (Monday to Friday, exact hours to be discussed and agreed at interview)
Salary: Hay 7 (£17,797 - £19,396 per annum)
Pucklechurch Primary is a wonderful village school between Bristol and Bath. The governors wish to appoint a highly motivated School Business Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for strategically planning and managing the school’s budget, overseeing the school’s finance, HR, Health & Safety, ICT and other administrative systems, as well as leading our excellent support team. The Business Manager works as part of the school leadership team, alongside the Head, Deputy and other school leaders.
We are committed to supporting and developing you to become an outstanding leader and provide working partnership opportunities with other schools, including through our collaboration with our school alliance.
This post would suit an experienced School Business Manager, or an existing School Administrator who is keen to expand their strategic responsibilities.
We wish to appoint a School Business Manager who:
• Has experience of the operation and management of the school’s finances, including strategic financial planning.
• Understands systems that underpin effective administration and HR processes, as well as understanding the management of school support staff.
• Has awareness of the management and development of school premises, including Health and Safety and Risk Assessment procedures.
• Is passionate about improving the life chances of pupils and understands the role the Business Manager plays in this.
• Works proactively and creatively as part of a team.
• Can manage their own work/life balance while also supporting and leading others.
In return we can offer:
• A friendly, happy school - judged as Good by Ofsted.
• A positive welcoming environment in a diverse community.
• High quality professional development.
• A supportive team of staff.
• Enthusiastic children who are eager to learn.
• Excellent support from the Governing Body.
Visits are welcomed and encouraged. Visit dates are:
Monday 21st September 1.30pm
Tuesday 22nd September 3.30pm
Please contact the school office for designated times.
The closing date is Monday 28th September by midday.
We will then shortlist and contact successful candidates. Interviews will be held in school on Thursday 1st October 2020.
For further information about the school and an application form, please contact the school.
Applicants need to detail their experience and reasons for wanting to take on this post within their letter of application.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment. This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and two excellent references will be required prior to agreeing appointment.
Pucklechurch CE VC Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.