School Business Manager
Grade 13 (£30,692 - £33906 per annum assuming 5 years’ experience)
30 hours a week – 40 weeks a year
Start date December 2020
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced, enthusiastic and flexible School Business Manager to join a committed school where children always come first.
The School Business Manager will be a key appointment and play a significant part in the running of the school and have considerable experience and expertise in finance, health and safety, site management and HR.
• To provide the overall strategic leadership and management for all aspects of finance, community usage, administration and operations support in the Academy.
• To ensure that the resources of the school are deployed effectively and efficiently to achieve the educational aims of the Academy.
• To be a member of the Senior Leadership Team, contributing to strategic planning and decision making, leading staff training, task groups and attending Governing Body meetings
• To be responsible for all aspects of finance, HR, administration and operations support, including premises.
• To contribute to the achievement of the educational vision for the school
• To work in collaboration to develop high-quality systems and services
• GDPR Processor
• Team lead administration
We are looking for someone who:
• Manage financial and HR Systems effectively
• Effective time management and organisational skills
• Commercial awareness
• A School Business Manager accountancy qualification and background
• Pro-active and conscientious about enhancing the education of pupils and supporting and
promoting the positive work of the school
• Is highly organised and has excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Can work with high levels of integrity, discretion and confidentiality
• Has excellent numeracy, literacy and IT skills
• Management of Health and Safety legislation and procedures
We can offer:
• A vibrant and forward-thinking school with the drive and determination to offer the best
• Enthusiastic, motivated and friendly children who are excited about learning and empowered to do their best
• A dedicated, talented and supportive staff team
• Welcoming and supportive parents/carers and active Governing Body
• High-quality professional development opportunities tailored to individual needs
If you are hardworking, reflective, resilient and flexible, then we welcome your application. If you would like to know more, please telephone my PA Mrs Shanks who arrange a phone meeting with the Headteacher/School Business Manager.
Only applications on the correct application form will be considered. These should be sent to the Headteachers PA, by email to arrive no later than 9.30 am on Monday 12th October 2020.
The successful candidate will have to meet the requirements of the person specification, job description and will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are committed to safeguarding children and all posts are subject to enhanced disclosure from the Criminal Records Bureau.