School Business Manager
Required to start 1 January 2021 or as soon after as possible
Salary Grade 10 £38,890-£41,881
The opportunity has arisen to join this successful secondary school as School Business Manager.
We are seeking to appoint an exceptional Business Manager to play a central role in our school’s leadership team, providing leadership and management of all matters relating to budget and finance.
The successful candidate will be a strategic leader with a proven track record of financial management.
A reduction in working hours can be negotiated with the successful candidate if required.
The postholder will be responsible for:
• leading and managing the delegated budget and other funding streams;
• consulting with and reporting to the Headteacher and Governing Body;
• promoting the highest standards of business ethos with the school;
• ensuring effective use of resources in support of school’s learning objectives;
• maximising income for the school
• finding additional source of revenue and donations to support the school budget.
• leading and managing the duties and performance management for senior support staff;
• leading and managing the school in partnership with senior leaders at the school;
The school is popular, highly regarded and has a thriving Sixth Form of over 300 pupils. Our catchment area draws pupils in from a wide geographical area including Usk in the county of Monmouthshire.
If you have the appropriate qualifications and experience in managing budgets and working to deadlines in the public or private sector, we want to hear from you.
The post is to commence 1 January or as soon after as possible.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and is subject to a successful Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Caerleon Comprehensive School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.