SCHOOL BUSINESS MANAGER
Manston Primary School
PO1 (27 – 30 Pay Points LCC)
Term Time only plus 7 days
35 hours a week
Manston Primary School is a vibrant, Good-rated and welcoming school based in Leeds. Our school is set in large grounds and situated near Cross Gates. We are a one-form entry school for 210 pupils, serving an increasingly diverse community from the local area. As part of our team you will have the opportunity to work alongside excellent colleagues and access continued professional development. We hold an Investors in People Award, Advanced healthy schools' status (amongst other awards) and we pride ourselves on good student behaviour and a strong ethos of inclusion.
An exciting opportunity is available for a School Business Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, and enthusiastic. The successful candidate will have experience of managing budgets, financial plans, financial reporting and experience of using Microsoft Office applications as well as other systems. Experience dealing with procurement, HR, or marketing would also be beneficial. Continuous training will be given to further enhance your development within the school.
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management.
- An opportunity to be part of a dynamic team and the opportunity to develop this role
- Courteous and hardworking pupils and staff
- A supportive and knowledgeable governing body
- Contribute to strategic development
- Take the lead in finance, premises management, administration and personnel
- Manage health and safety, human resources and compliance
- Working directly with the head teacher to manage budgets and procurement
- Managing the operation of the business functions of the school
- Advise and implement day-to-day support to all the SLT to promote efficiency
YOU WILL BE:
- A School Business Manager with specific qualification i.e. DSBM, CSBM. ADSBM or be an aspiring School Business Manger with relevant experience or qualifications
- Have a recognised management/business degree or equivalent related professional qualification.
- Have at least two years’ experience of working in an administrative/secretarial field, including finance.
- Well qualified and enthusiastic
- Forward thinking, creative, receptive to change and able to work with the team.
- Able to work towards deadlines.
- Have a good eye for detail.
To discuss this role please contact the school to arrange an appointment with the head teacher, Mr J Clay.
Manston Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.