School Business Manager
Permanent contract, 28 – 30 hours (negotiable), term time only (40 weeks)
Surrey Pay Scale S9 (currently £35,382 - £39246 FTE)
Required for September 2021
The governors are seeking to appoint a School Business Manager, with a passion for excellence in education, and with a commitment to continuous improvement and raising standards for all. This is a senior leadership position in the school and the post holder will be an integral part of our Senior Leadership Team working closely with governors.
Laleham C of E Primary School is a successful school, judged to be good by Ofsted (March 2018), where staff, parents and governors work closely together to provide a high quality education for all our pupils. We have a strong Christian ethos recognized in our ‘outstanding’ SIAMS report (May 2017); Pupil achievement is consistently high. You would be part of a hard-working and committed team with good opportunities for on-going professional development.
We are looking for an exceptional individual to carry out the role of School Business Manager in the school, who will:
• Promote the highest standards of business ethos within the admin team and make effective use of resources in support of the school improvement plan.
• Be an integral part of the Senior Leadership team and contribute to and influence the school's strategic direction for its future development, working closely with the Executive Headteacher and governors.
• Line manage and performance manage the admin and premises staff teams.
• Lead on all matters of financial management, facility and property management, human resources and health and safety management.
• Lead on liaison with external providers, such as caterers, cleaners and before/after school providers.
• Have excellent IT skills including use of financial management information systems (FMS), Word and Excel.
• Have previous experience of financial management and control and experience of income generation. It will be an advantage to have previous experience working in schools.
• Be solution focused and embrace creativity and innovation in all areas of resource and premises management
For further information, please speak to Jill Fraser, School Business Manager. Socially distanced visits to the school are encouraged.
Closing date: 4th May 2021
Interview date: Wednesday 12th May
Laleham CofE (VA) Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.