This is a part-time position of 18 hours per week (times negotiable), for 40 weeks per annum (term time plus 1 week). Witley C of E Infant School is a one-form entry Infant School with a maximum of 90 pupils on roll. The school has a budget of approximately £550,000.
We are seeking to appoint a suitably experienced School Bursar to join our dedicated, hardworking and supportive administrative team. Reporting to the Head Teacher and Governing Body, you will be responsible for financial support in all elements of school operation.
We are looking for someone ideally with previous school finance and administration experience to join our team as soon as possible.
- have come from a finance background, ideally having experience using Surrey school’s SIMs FMS module or a similar financial system
- possess excellent organisational skills and be able to multi-task
- be flexible and work co-operatively with other members of the team
- have personal values that are in line with the Christian ethos of the school
- commitment to the schools policies and procedures, including safeguarding.
We can offer you:
- Good Ofsted inspection;
- a happy, well resourced, popular school where children are eager to learn;
- a family atmosphere where staff know every child and their family well;
- bright classrooms with great opportunities for indoor and outdoor learning;
- supportive colleagues who are committed to each other’s professional development;
- a caring community of active governors, parents and church.
Please see the related information section for a job description and personal specification.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the successful candidate will be required to undertake and Enhanced Disclosure via a DBS check.
If you are interested in working in a small, friendly school where every staff member knows every child and their family, we look forward to hearing from you.
We encourage you to visit the school, please contact the office to arrange a time.
If you would like to apply, please download an application form and return by midnight on Wednesday 16 June. Interviews will take place on Tuesday 22nd June.
Witley CofE Controlled Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.