School Business Manager required
Hours: 36 hours per week over 40 weeks
Salary: Surrey Pay Grade 8 (range £31,273 - £34,519 pro-rata) or if the School Business Manager (level 5) qualification is held Grade 9 (£35,382 to £39,246 pro-rata)
Furzefield Primary is a large community school in the heart of Merstham, and has been graded ‘Good’ by OFSTED. The school is a 3-11 Primary School including a Family Centre and a Specialist Resource Centre. There are approximately 80 members of staff and 480 pupils on roll (including Nursery). The combined budget for our provision is in excess of £2.5 million.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, proactive and committed person to take a leading role in managing our finance, personnel and premises by joining our friendly community school.
The successful candidate must:
- Have financial knowledge and experience to ensure good financial management and to follow Surrey County Council financial regulations
- Good ICT skills – knowledge of SIMS software and spreadsheets would be advantageous
- The ability to work under pressure
- Be a good manager of time, well organised and able to prioritise
- Flexible and responsive to change
- Be a team leader and team player, taking responsibility for monitoring the quality of work of office staff
- Have the ability to think and work strategically with vision
Any candidate interested in achieving the SBM (level 5) qualification whilst in post would be supported to do so.
For more information, please call us or visit our website. Please apply through Eteach.
The closing date for applications is 10am on Monday 27th September 2021, and interviews will be held on Wednesday 29th September 2021.
We would ideally be looking for the successful applicant to start with us on 1st December 2021.
Furzefield Primary Community School is an equal opportunities employer who is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We fully expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and reference checks.