An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the site staff team at Endeavour Academy Trust as the Caretaker for Fonthill Primary Academy. The role may also involve some cover at other schools in the Trust which are all in north Bristol. You will be joining an experienced team who currently look after the other three schools in our Trust although much of your work will be carried out independently.
We are looking to appoint a hands on, practical person responsible for maintaining the school building and grounds. Ideally you will have previous experience in school caretaking, premises management or general building maintenance/construction but other relevant experience will also be considered. The role is all year round and permanent with the hours to be negotiated however an early start of 7am is required and the roleholder will need to work at least 5 hours per day e.g. 7am to 12pm or a split shift if preferred.
We are looking for someone who can:-
- Carry out daily site inspections to check the security of the site and identify any issues.
- Ensure hygiene supplies are replenished and stock is ordered when running low.
- Carry out minor repairs, maintenance and redecoration.
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly checks (e.g. fire alarm testing, emergency light testing, legionella flushing)
- Book in and manage contractors on site to ensure the servicing and maintenance schedule is kept up-to-date for boiler servicing, alarm servicing, maintenance of kitchen equipment etc.
- Request records from contractors and store them on our online system
- Monitor the work of contractors on site.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety, COSHH regulations and hygiene procedures are desirable but full training can be provided.
- Be physically able to safely carry out the physical tasks of the role (e.g. lifting, shifting, clearing snow, porterage etc.).
- Have proficient IT skills to email staff, contractors and third parties and to manage health and safety record-keeping.
- Have good communication skills and the ability to build effective relationships with all levels of school staff, contractors and users of the school.
We can offer the right candidate:
- A supportive leadership team
- A training plan to enable you to succeed in your role
- Enrolment in the Local Government Pension Scheme;
- We honour any continuous service earned in any Local Authority;
- Holiday entitlement (pro rata): 32 days (24 holiday days plus 8 statutory days) rising to 37 days (29 plus 8) after 5 years’ service;
- Flu vaccination vouchers; free parking and access to a 24-hour employee assistance programme
If you would like to find out more information about the school or the role or would like to arrange a visit, please contact the Trust Operations Lead, Bridget Shepherd, by telephoning the school office at Henbury Court Primary Academy.
Information about Endeavour Academy Trust
Endeavour is a forward looking Multi Academy Trust. We currently have four very popular schools, Henbury Court Primary Academy, Little Mead Primary Academy and Fonthill Primary Academy in North Bristol and Charlton Wood Primary Academy is our first school in South Gloucestershire. Endeavour Academy Trust is an inclusive and collaborative group of schools with ambition for every child, and where every child can achieve the highest possible standard.
How to Apply:
Apply by submitting a completed application form. Please note that we will only consider applications on this form and will not consider CVs so please ensure that your supporting statement on the application (section 6) details your skills and suitability for the role. Paper application forms are available on request.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all young people and expects all staff to share that commitment. The post will be dependent on a satisfactory disclosure and barring service record check and acceptable references. Our Safeguarding policy can be found on our Trust website
The Trust’s policies, procedures and practices reflect our commitment to equality and diversity. Individuals will be selected for appointment based purely on their suitability for the post.
A copy of our recruitment policy including our statement on the recruitment of ex-offenders is available on request.
Closing date: Monday 31st January 2022 at 9am however suitable candidates may be invited to interview prior to the closing date.
Interviews: Held on a rolling basis.
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for the successful applicant.