Bishop Gore School,
Head teacher: Mrs H Burgum
Number on Roll: 1250
15 hours per week – Monday - Friday (3.00 p.m. – 6.00 p.m.)
41 weeks/year - 10 days pre-set to be worked during school holidays
Grade 2 pt 11 Salary: £18,562 pro rata - equivalent to £9.62/hour
The Governors are seeking to appoint a part-time Cleaner to cover a shortfall in support staff. The successful candidate will ideally have experience in this role. The post will be temporary until 31st August 2021 in the first instance.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• To undertake work in a safe working environment, being aware of yourself and those around you.
• To follow good health and safety practices.
• Cleaning as a team or individually a designated area within the school – this may vary at the discretion of the Head Teacher.
• To be able to work under the instruction of Cleaning Supervisor and Premises Manager.
• To be able to work on your own initiative.
• Ensure that the designated area is kept in a clean and hygienic condition in accordance with agreed schedule.
• Cleaning tasks may include washing, mopping, sweeping, vacuum cleaning, buffing, emptying of litter bins, dusting and polishing surfaces.
• Use of powered equipment e.g. buffing machine, vacuum cleaner
Bishop Gore School is a popular, very successful 11-18 comprehensive school. It was again judged as ‘Excellent’ in the recent ESTYN inspection.
Bishop Gore School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
If you would like any further information, please contact Mr Steve Thomas at the school.
Bishop Gore School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Appointments to post will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.