Hours: 10 per week – Monday to Friday Term Time
We are looking for a school cleaner to work in our school based in Presteigne.
You will be responsible for cleaning all areas including classrooms in accordance with the schools’ specifications. You will use electrical equipment e.g. vacuum cleaners, floor polishers and carpet cleaners.
A day in the life of a Cleaner with Orbis Education and Care Involves:
- Undertaking the deep clean of rooms and equipment, following the correct procedures and techniques;
- Ensuring all equipment is maintained and cleaned in the appropriate manner. Reporting any maintenance problems to the manager immediately after a problem occur, ensuring that an accurate record is made;
- Ensuring segregation and prompt removal of waste to designated collection points, in accordance with the company’s Safe Waste Handling Procedures;
- Maintaining the confidentiality of information regarding pupils, in accordance with Orbis Education and Cares’ Confidentiality Policy;
- Working as a member of the staff team, co-operate fully and communicate with all team members to help provide a fulfilling environment so that clients can strive to develop their full potential;
- Promoting a positive image of the unit and the organisation, by being professional at all times.
In return for your Skills and Expertise, you’ll receive:
- An annual basic salary £3,798 per annum based on 10 hours per week term time;
- Paid comprehensive induction programme, free uniform and DBS;
- Access to our Salary Financing Service;
- Company pension scheme;
- Career progression opportunities;
- Access to "Orbis for You", our bespoke discounts platform;
- Eligibility for a “Blue Light Card” for additional discount.
About Orbis Education And Care:
Orbis Education & Care is a sector-leading provider of specialist services for children and adults with complex needs associated with autism. We specialise in providing individualised placements for unique individuals.
At Orbis Education and Care we pride ourselves on our diverse workforce, and ensuring we have an inclusive environment for all our staff. We remain committed to ensuring our teams can bring their true selves to work without risk or fear of discrimination.
All applicants will be subject to a Safer Recruitment process and all appointments are subject to receipt of a satisfactory enhanced DBS check, references and any other suitability checks deemed essential for this role.
Summergill House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.