RHONDDA CYNON TAF COUNCIL & DIOCESE OF LLANDAFF
ABERDARE TOWN CHURCH-IN-WALES PRIMARY SCHOOL
Wind Street, Aberdare, CF44 7HF
SCHOOL CLERK (LEVEL 4)
Hours: 37 Hours Per Week - Term Time Only
Salary: Grade 7 - £24,491 x 89.37%
Required for : SEPTEMBER 2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work in Aberdare Town C/W Primary School, a thriving school community in the centre of Aberdare.
The Governing Body of Aberdare Town Church in Wales Primary School are seeking to appoint a School Clerk to work in a caring school with a strong Christian ethos. The clerk will be responsible for budget management, financial controls, HR processes, pupil administration and other general school office management processes.
The successful candidate will:
• IT competent with a good knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word, Outlook and Excel
• Have experience and sound knowledge of working with SIMS Modules and Vision systems.
• Have the ability to use ICT for word processing, spreadsheets and data management
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Be able to handle cash for banking, petty cash and administer school accounts
• Work as part of a team and also act on their own initiative.
• Be able to use a range of reprographic equipment
• Be able to prioritise and work to deadlines
• Demonstrate excellent organisational skills
• Have an awareness of importance of confidentiality and data protection
• Have a working knowledge of attendance procedures and the ability to work with engaging parents to support attendance in school.
• Be committed to upholding the Christian ethos of the school
Closing Dates for applications: FRIDAY 28TH MAY 2021
PROTECTING CHILDREN AND VULNERABLE ADULTS IS A CORE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE SCHOOL AND COUNCIL. IN ADDITION TO THIS SAFEGUARDING RESPONSIBILITY, THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT FOR THE ROLE WILL ALSO BE SUBJECT TO AN ENHANCED DISCLOSURE AND BARRING SERVICE CHECK.
The Council and School values diversity in its workforce. We are committed to ensuring that no unlawful discrimination occurs in the recruitment and selection process on the grounds of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, transgender, including those with non-binary identities, religion or belief or pregnancy and maternity. We offer a number of staff networks for employees including the Allies Network, a Disability and Carers Network and Perthyn our LGBTQ+ Network.
An application submitted for this post in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application made in English.
In view of the large number of Application Forms which are currently being submitted individual applications are not acknowledged. Consequently, if you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application is unsuccessful on this occasion. In which case you are thanked for the interest you have shown in applying for a position within the Council.
Aberdare Town C.I.W. Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.