Dubai Heights Academy, opened in 2017 and is a warm and welcoming place to work. Located in the heart of Al Barsha South, Dubai. DHA offers an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and inspirational individual to join our team. Dubai Heights Academy provides an inclusive, exciting and outstanding education to an international community of students from FS1 to Year 8 and will continue to grow organically to Year 13.
The campus is state-of-the-art with separate buildings for each phase as well as a 380 seat auditorium. There are three temperature controlled swimming pools, fully equipped science and computer labs, specialist rooms for art, DT, music, and drama, a library, two multipurpose sports halls, a full size football pitch, a variety of outdoor play areas and a spacious canteen.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Oversee the day-to day operations of the maintenance department and the work of external contractors
- Be responsible for all aspects of the school’s facilities and premises by advising and supervising contract staff to ensure safety, security and cleanliness
- Create schedules, implement and manage preventative maintenance
- Advise, manage and contribute to school decisions regarding premises management, maintenance and development
- Train and supervise staff responsible for maintenance, repair, landscaping, security and cleaning of the facilities
- Conduct performance evaluations of all facilities staff and external contractors that are timely and constructive
- Evaluate jobs in process and on completion, ensure the work meets safety and work quality expectations
- Ensure maintenance and repair work is completed correctly and in a timely manner
- Ensure compliance with best practice and statutory requirements in the area of Health and Safety and operating an educational establishment
- Manage day to day school operational requirements eg classroom and event set ups
- Manage and work within the annual maintenance budget
- To support management with purchase requirements related to facilities in line with procurement and finance policies
It is required that the successful applicant has:
- a recognised industry qualification/suitably qualified and/or experience in facilities management
- more than two years' experience in a similar role, specifically focused on facilities management within a large commercial use property
Our Compensation and Benefits package includes:
- Competitive tax-free salary
- Medical Insurance
- Discounted tuition fees for up to two children
- End of service gratuity in line with UAE Labor Law
Interviews will take place at Dubai Heights Academy or via Zoom, should an initial face to face interview not be possible. Closing date for applications is 17th October 2021, however interviews may take place ahead of this date so an early application is advantageous. Whilst we thank all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Dubai Heights Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all its staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants must have undergone child protection screening in order to receive an offer of employment. It is expected that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In addition the applicant will be required to provide a valid police clearance/good conduct certificate from their country of residence along with attestation of qualifications and any applicable personal documents e.g. Degree, Marriage Certificate etc.
Successful applicants will take up their new position early December 2021.
Dubai Heights Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.