TLC International School is a well-established International School situated in Dongguan, China. We are actively seeking a School Counselor for the current academic year, 2019-2020. This is an exciting opportunity to become part of an ambitious and forward-thinking International School.
We are seeking a School Guidance Counselor who will:
- Assist students in achieving school success and develop skills to engage in life-long learning.
- Counsel students (individual and group) in the areas of academic, social/emotional, and behavioural developmental needs.
- Serves as an advocate for students and works to promote a safe and supportive learning environment.
- Collaborates/consults with parents, teacher, administrators and community resources concerning student issues.
- Assist students to become aware of life/career choices and participate in career development activities to prepare for the world of work.
- Offers guidance sessions on problem solving, decision-making and academic and career planning.
- Assist students with course selection (high school) relative to their educational pursuits and career goals.
- Committed to improving professional competence.
- Enforcing attendance rules.
- Meeting with parents to discuss student behavioural or learning problems.
- Directing assemblies and other special gatherings of students for events related to counselling department throughout the year.
- Assist with creating academic/behavioral goals for IEP.