HOURS: 08:00 - 16:00
The post holder will be a key link for staff recruitment, maintenance of personnel files and monitoring of operational procedures e.g. return to work discussions
This post is eligible for a DBS check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (i.e. it involves certain activities in relation to children and/or adults) and is defined as regulated activity under Part 1 of the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006.
This post is designated as a regulated activity and requires enhanced criminal records check for a regulated activity (including a barred list check)
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Operations Manager
• To provide administrative support including minute taking for staff meetings where sensitive matters are to be discussed.
• Support and administer the recruitment process following Safer Recruitment Guidelines including placing adverts, circulating recruitment packs and invite to interview through to circulating new starter information, administering DBS checks and production of contracts.
• To work alongside recruiting managers ensuring both new starter induction plans and probation meetings are in place and robust. To monitor the progress of induction and probation, sending out reminder emails for line managers at key times to ensure new recruits are fully supported.
CONTRACT CHANGES/HR RECORDS
• To administer all contracts and contract changes e.g. promotion, maternity leave, changes to working pattern, ensuring appropriate authorisation has been obtained and maintain employee HR files in line with data retention and protection guidelines.
• Ensure any staff changes linked to pay are communicated to central finance by monthly cut-off dates.
• Co-ordinate return to work discussions for line managers ensuring that they are correctly documented and filed in the personnel file.
• Where appropriate, carry out basic risk assessments for staff e.g. linked to pregnancy.
This job description sets out the duties and responsibilities of the post at the time when it was drawn up. Such duties and responsibilities may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. Such variations are a common occurrence and cannot of themselves justify a reconsideration of the grading of the post.
The Lionheart Academies Trust is an equal opportunities employer and will provide reasonable support to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process under the terms of the Equality Act 2010.
Beauchamp City Sixth Form is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.