Bringing world-class British education to Nanning, the opening of the Harrow Innovation Leadership Academy (Harrow ILA), is a significant milestone in the history of the Guangxi province. Offering a full K-12 international school experience, Harrow ILA Nanning inherits 450 years of educational experience and excellence from Harrow School, London.
Central to our educational ethos is a commitment to foster the values of ‘Courage’, ‘Honour’, ‘Humility’ and ‘Fellowship’ in our students. Beyond outstanding academic outcomes, Harrow’s holistic education nurtures in our students a strong Chinese foundation with a global outlook through a unique bilingual curriculum that distilled the educational heritage of Harrow School with the wisdom and traditions of Chinese culture.
Harrow ILA Nanning opened in 2020 for Kindergarten students but now offers up to Year 8. It will continue to grow organically so this presents an opportunity to grow professionally. Currently, the school has approximately 201 students with 40 boarding but has a capacity for 1,518 students, including boarding available to 288 students from Grade 4 and above.
The school is seeking a SCHOOL INCLUSION COORDINATORto join the team for August 2022. Successful applicants are offered two year renewable contracts with highly competitive terms of employment and outstanding working conditions.
Purpose of Job
• Lead the Inclusion Team (including TAs), ensuring that student progress and achievement needs are met.
• Lead on all aspects of Inclusion including SEND and Gifted and Talented.
• Promote the learning and welfare of vulnerable students and those who experience barriers to learning.
• Lead staff training in supporting inclusivity for all students in the school
• Lead inclusion across the school, ensuring it is effective and accountable for the progress of students
• Make significant contributions to school evaluation and development plans, relating the Inclusion Improvement Plan to the school Development Plan
• Work closely with the English Language Acquisition coordinator
Education training and qualifications
• Appropriate degree, with UK PGCE, or other teaching qualification giving QTS
• Working knowledge of the National Curriculum of England including EYFS, KS1, KS2, KS3, IGCSE/GCSE and A Levels as appropriate
• Evidence of relevant and challenging continuing professional development
• A qualification in Learning Development (e.g. ELT Diploma, SENCO or equivalent)
Knowledge and experience
• Minimum three years’ teaching experience
• Knowledge and experience of how to use IT effectively in promoting pupil learning
• Recent and consistent involvement in extracurricular activities
• Previous experience or knowledge of working with pupils for whom English is not their first language
• Previous experience or knowledge of working with pupils with individual needs
• Have the ability and willingness to inspire others; leading by example, role modelling the school’s vision statement: Leadership for a better world
• Be a role model for the Harrow Staff Code of Conduct
• Be flexible and capable of managing change and instilling high standards
• Be highly motivated, ambitious and collaborative and willing to take the initiative
• Have high levels of honesty
We welcome applications from the UK state and independent sector as well as from those working internationally. Opportunities to work with our boarders may be available.
How to apply
· Please click on the 'Apply' button or email your Cv to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning 'INCHARROW' as a subject
Early applications encouraged as shortlisting / interviews will be held on a rolling basis.
The safeguarding of our students is at the core of all that we do. All appointments are conditional on:
· Acceptable police checks (or equivalent) from the country of origin and from all countries in which you have worked
· Appropriate references from your current and previous employer, corroborated by personal phone calls made to each referee